Are you a female aged 55 or older, or a male aged 50 or older? Do you want to help determine the effects of vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids on cancer prevention? If so, PLEASE consider participating in the VITAL study. I have no affiliation with this study. It is being run by the NIH , Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. Check out the FAQs here and go here to request more information.
In recent years there has been a lot of hoopla about vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids on a variety of health conditions. The data are inconclusive on the effects, so this study is going to be extremely important in determining what health providers’ recommendations will be.
To learn more about vitamin D, check out these sites:
- Listen to this awesome program by People’s Pharmacy (number 486)
- Dr. Hollick’s Vitamin D Blog
- The Vitamin D Council’s Website
- The CDC’s report on the vitamin D status of Americans
- Article on Vitamin D insufficiency in Americans
- A shameless plug for an article I wrote with a professor in 2009 on Vitamin D (very easy to ready, low technical jargon)
To learn more about omega 3, visit these sites: