This week’s recipe is super simple but so delicious! Tomatoes are so nutritious and are at peak across most of the country. We are lucky to have a great variety in our garden – 4 different types of heirlooms and a variety from Italy our friend grew from seed. We had a few pounds ready to be eaten so I made this simple pasta dish for dinner over the weekend and it was a huge success!
- fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup dry pasta
- Heat the oil in a pain with the garlic and onion
- Once browned, add all of the tomatoes
- Turn heat to medium-low and allow the tomatoes to cook down, stirring occasionally. This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare pasta while tomatoes cook down
- Once tomatoes are cooked down, add the blasalmic vinegar and basil. Stir and allow to cook for 2 more minutes
- Serve tomatoes over pasta and top with cheese
- For added protein, top with chicken or steak
What’s you favorite garden recipe? 🍳 Leave a link below!