I was searching my blog for a zucchini bread recipe and realized that in the last 10 years I’ve never once posted one! How is this possible?! I’ve been making zucchini bread for years and it’s such a staple for late summer produce. It turns out that every time I make a batch I just search for a new recipe. Well the buck stops here. I found a zucchini bread recipe that is tasty and easy. And relatively healthy.
Spiced Raisin Zucchini Bread
Modified from: butter with a side of bread
Makes 2 loaves
- 3 cups of flour – I used 1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup buckwheat and 1 cup all purpose
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2+ cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350f and prepare two bread pans
- Mix flours, salt, baking powder, soda, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Add zucchini, nuts and raisins to the mixture until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool. Enjoy!