Sundays are busy days at our house. J cleans (could I be any luckier?!) while I cook up a storm in the kitchen. During rotations I just don’t have time to cook during the week. And if I do have time, I really don’t want to slave away in the kitchen after a 10-12 hour day. Here is an example of what we eat for the week:
Back Left – Salads
- Fresh lettuce washed and chopped, ready to eat
- Celery sticks, washed and trimmed
- Cucumbers and Tomatoes, washed and diced, ready for salads
Front Left – snacks
- Banana Oat Muffins
- Mixed nuts (low salt), 1/4 cup portions in individual baggies
Center – Breakfast and Lunch
- Roasted mixed vegetables with wheat pasta and balsamic vinegar. Roasted veggies are so easy – just throw them in a large pan, toss with olive oil and spices, and roast at 425F for 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes or so to prevent burning.
- Egg Bakes – the easiest way to get a vegetable serving in before 7am
Back Right – Dinner
- Crock pot chili, half for this week and for the freezer for a week when I don’t want to cook 😉
Front Right – Dessert
- Black bean brownies, because pregnant women love chocolate and desserts…and since I’m a dietitian I will feel less guilty if I know they are full of nutritious black beans.