The second I saw these blondies I had to make them. Then I reminded myself that all thing in moderation and I decided to wait a few weeks. Well worth the wait. These dense, delicious treats taste nothing like beans and completely like peanut butter cookies. This is the perfect way to sneak in extra fiber and nutrition while also cutting out unnecessary starch. You’re family will never guess these are grain-free.
Delicious Peanut Butter Bean Bars
Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen’s Flour-less Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 ts baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts*
the original recipe called for chocolate chips but I wanted something less sweet. You can use anything here, or omit this all together.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a small square baking pan (8″ x 8″) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, chop the nuts if they are not yet chopped. Remove and set aside.
- Spray the food processor with cooking spray (lightly). Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and process on high until the batter is smooth (this took about 5 minutes).
- Add nuts and fold in with a spatula.
- Spread mixture into the baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned and pull from the sides.
- Cool in the pan completely. Cut into 12 squares. Enjoy!
Note: if you want to make edible cookie dough or cookie dough dip, stop after step 4. The dough is completely safe to eat at this point. Perfect for pregnant moms-to-be who miss their raw cookie dough 🙂