What a wonderful week. Squash season is definitely here! I made some roasted butternut squash with sage last weekend – delicious! I forgot how much I missed fall. The food and weather are by far my favorite of the year. Our CSA is full of squash this week and our backyard garden is growing well (despite the leaves being taken over by these guys). This week also marks my last week of living away from home for the next 6 months – the longest stretch in the last 2 years! I am thoroughly enjoying neurology and have decided to keep it on my list of possible specialties. The shelf exam is this Friday – wish me luck!
Back to the food. This week there is quite the variety! Here is what is in the box:
- Buttercup Squash (green)
- Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Green Beans
- HoneyCrisp Apples
- Radish- “Watermelon” & “Black Spanish”
- Red Kuri Squash (orange)
- Sugar Snap Peas
Unfortunately my inspiration for food prep is at zero now. It took more effort than usual just to put this post together. For that reason, here is the simple food prep planned (for now):
- Roasted carrot and beet salad
- Pasta salad with peppers, cucumbers, radishes, snap peas, and cherry tomatoes
- Saute green beans with garlic and onions.
- Cut-up watermelon for snacking.
- Store all squash in the basement for later.