Here is super simple pasta salad recipe for your Labor Day cookout!
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 medium head of broccoli, trimmed and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar or sun-dried tomato dressing
- 2-3 ounces fresh parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta. While pasta is cooking, move on the the next step.
- Heat a little olive oil in a nonstick pan and add onion. Saute until soft. Add carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add remaining vegetables (except tomatoes) and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes.
- Drain water from pasta. Put pasta in a large dish. Add the vegetables and mix well.
- Add dressing and cheese. Stir to coat and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.