This recipe was something we quickly threw together on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. We had a ton of kale left from the CSA and there was a chance we’d be getting more on Tuesday. Originally I thought I’d make kale brownies again, but opted to make real food instead. For some reason, when I think of kale, I instantly think of sausage. While we didn’t have any sausage on hand, we had (and still have) plenty of ground beef. The end product was actually quite delicious and super filling – definitely a man’s pizza.
Sausage and Kale Pizza
- 1 premade whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Prepare pan with cooking spray.
- Brown meat with onion.
- Roll out the pizza dough and press into the prepared pan.
- Thinly spread the pizza sauce over the prepared dough. Add kale and beef. Top with cheese.
- Bake in the own for 10-14 minutes, or until the edges are golden.