I posted about these cookies back in 2009. They are hands-down, the best cookies I have ever eaten. What’s even better? They are hands-down the easiest cookies I have ever made. Healthy + Delicious + Simple – what more could you ask for??
I have an unhealthy love for dried fruit and nuts, so we don’t tend to keep them around the house. Because of that, I have started to make these cookies without the add-ins and they are just as tasty. I also thought the original recipe was a little too sweet, so I modified the sugar a bit….well, half, so not just a bit. Don’t worry, they are still very sweet (even without the add-ins)!
Delicious and Nutritious Oatmeal Cookies
– 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/3 cup all purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 egg
– 1 1/2 cups oats
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix flours, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs; mix well.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture, beating on low. Beat until well mixed (and then place the beaters on high to get the rest off).
- Add oats and mix well with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Drop dough onto a cookie sheet; leave about 2″ apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden.