We’ve updated most of the trim in the house and the end result is looking awesome! Here is an updated view of the small window over the sink.
The bay window in our kitchen was going to be a little more challenging since it is more than just staining, cutting, and swapping out some new trim. We removed the floor trim they used around the edges and had to putty about 50 holes. I sanded off the icky stain coating around the rest of the window (when I should have been studying for step one…whoops) and used exterior paint and primer to paint over the wood. After two coats, the end product looks great! We are working on a special seating area to replace the table/chairs, so there will be a better picture of the bay window once that is finished.
In case you wanted a blast from the past I included what the old kitchen looked like.