Every year 4 of my high school girlfriends and I get together for a girls’ weekend. This year I hosted and it was absolutely wonderful. We spent the weekend catching up, eating delicious meals, drinking microbrews and wine, and making homemade beauty products. We spent one night out at the infamous Cleo’s downtown, which is full-out decorated for Christmas year-round. Here’s a picture from the night – they are all so beautiful 🙂
When we decided I would host I was so excited to finally have an excuse to make some of the delicious looking recipes I had been pinning. For breakfast I had quite the spread – crock-pot steel-cut oats with a variety of toppings, fresh fruit, fresh bread, and this tasty frittata. It was absolutely delicious and only took 10 minutes to throw together. I have made it a few more times since and it has turned out great each time.
Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
Original Recipe – Two Peas and Their Pod
- 27 eggs* (18 whites, 9 full eggs)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small jar of sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 – 15oz jars of artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1/2 bag of fresh spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a large baking dish or corning ware dish with non-stick spray.
- Separate the yolk from 18 of the eggs** and place them in a large bowl. Add the remaining 9 eggs and whisk well.
- Mix in the onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichokes. Add the fresh spinach and stir well.
- Pour into the baking dish. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the eggs begin to pull away from the side and the center is set.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
* If you aren’t looking to limit saturated fat/calories, you can use 9 full eggs instead of 18 egg whites.
**If you feel it is a waste to throw out the 18 yolks, you could save these for a custard.