While I was finishing up some practice questions tonight, J put together one of this week’s recipes.
Salmon with Avocado Mango Salsa and Asparagus
Originally from Simply Recipes
- 2- 6oz salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 large mango, peeled
- 1 avocado (not too mushy!), peeled
- 1/2 vidalia onion, finely diced
- 1/2 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 limes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray. Place fillets skin side down on the foil. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salmon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut the mango and avocado into 1/2″ cubes. Mix them with the onion and pepper. Squeeze limes over the mixture and gently mix.
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and cook until bright green (they will still have some crunch then). Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if needed.
All in all, it was pretty good. The salsa wasn’t spicy at all, so we would use a hot pepper next time. I think the salmon would be even better if it were marinated in lime juice and hot peppers, and then grilled. You could also do this to the asparagus to add a little something special to it; I have never had lime on asparagus, but lemon is quite good. If you try it, let me know how it turns out!