Crock Pot Quinoa Casserole by a Year of Slow Cooking
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups broth
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- handful of baby spinach
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1/2 block feta cheese, crumbled
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine strainer until the water runs clear. Dump it into 4-6 qt crockpot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix it around. Add chicken or vegetable broth, the salt, and cinnamon. Stir in almonds and cranberries.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. The quinoa is done when you can fluff it with a fork and it is tender. The liquid should be pretty well absorbed, similar to how you know rice is done.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork, and add the baby tomatoes and feta cheese. Stir gingerly to mix. Add a large handful of baby spinach to the top of the crockpot, and close the lid. Cook on high for about 20 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted. Stir again to distribute the spinach.