Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 2 pounds tiny onions (sometimes called boiler or pearl onions)
- 1/2 cup raisins (one small box)
- 1 T butter
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Use a 4-6 qt crockpot.
- Cut the top and bottom off of all of the onions and peel away the skin. If you get some of the onion and peel that off an outer layer, that’s okay. It takes a while to peel the onions; make sure you’re in a good mood.
- Put the onions in the crockpot and toss with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add the pat of butter and the raisins. Toss in the pine nuts.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours, stirring every 45 minutes or so.