Hirino Psito, Slow Roasted Pork by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 3-4 pound boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 10 whole garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup beer
- Use a 6 quart slow cooker. Put the meat into your crockpot, and pour on dry spices, and brown sugar. Flip the meat over a few times in the stoneware so the spices are kind of stuck to all sides. Peel garlic cloves and add whole. Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey, and cranberries. Top with bay leaves. Pour in the beer.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Serve over rice or pasta, or on your favorite sandwich rolls.