Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 4 large potatoes (I prefer Yukon golds but any type should do)
- 2 T melted butter
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper
- About 8 garlic cloves
- Peel the garlic and cut it into long slivers.
- Wash your potatoes, and pat dry. Carefully cut slits into each potato about 1/2 inch thick almost do the very base. The potato should start to separate a bit like an accordion.
- Shove as many garlic slices as you can in each slit of each potato.
- Nestle the potatoes into a 6qt crockpot.
- Liberally salt and pepper. Combine the melted butter with the olive oil and drizzle over the top of each potato, trying to get some in the garlic-filled slits, if you can.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for about 6. They are done when the potatoes reach desired tenderness.
We ate these with Herb Roasted Chicken.