Slow Cooker Chicken with Apricots and Dates by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken meat (boneless, skinless)
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Put the chicken into the bottom of a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add diced onion, and spices. Sprinkle on the apricots and dates. Pour the broth and orange juice evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. The chicken should be quite tender and shred easily with a fork. If your chicken isn’t tender enough, stir well and cook for a bit longer on low.
- Serve with quinoa or brown rice with the juices.