Green Bean Casserole by A Year of Slow Cooking
(with some modifications)
- 1 lb fresh green beans
**you could use a 16-20 ounce bag of frozen french style beans if you prefer
- 2 cups homemade or canned cream of mushroom soup
**If you use the canned soup, you will also need 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup General Mills Chex cereal (any type)
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Wash and trim the green beans.
- Add the soup (and milk if using canned soup). Mix the green beans with the liquid.
- Put thechex in a ziploc and smash to desired crumbiness. Add the onion powder and the parmesan to the bag, and shake to mix.
- Pour evenly over the top of the beans.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.