General Tso’s Chicken by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16-ounce) package stir-fry vegetables
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Put the chicken into the bottom of your crockpot and then add the garlic, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Toss the chicken to fully coat with the sauce ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, then add the frozen vegetables. Re-cover and cook on high for an hour, or until the veggies are fully hot and the chicken has reached desired tenderness.
- Serve with white or brown rice.