Perfect Homemade Crockpot Stuffing by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 1 loaf of whole wheat bread, lightly toasted in the oven
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (we used a canola oil-butter spread)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 T ground sage
- 1 tsp ground marjoram
- 1/2 tsp savory
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- Spray a 6 qt crockpot with cooking spray.
- Toast the bread slices in the oven at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes – watch closely!
- While the bread is toasting, chop up the onion, parsley, celery, and apple. Add to crockpot. Add the seasoning, and add melted butter. Stir well.
- When the bread is done, cut into 1/2 inch size-or-so cubes and add to crockpot; mix well.
- When the bread is coated nicely, pour in 1 1/2 cups of broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Stir when finished.
- If you’d like it a bit more moist, you can add a 1/4 cup more (or as much as you desire) of broth.