Easy Crockpot Meatloaf by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 fully cooked low-fat sausage links (6-ounces, total)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place a meatloaf pan in a 6-quart slow cooker or spray crockpot with cooking oil to make an oval meatloaf.
- Take the casing off of the sausage, and chop it into pieces. Toss it in a mixing bowl with the ground meat, all the spices and the beaten egg. Mix well.
- Place meat mixture into crockpot or meatloaf pan. Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. You’ll know the loaf is done when it’s brown on the top and it starts to pull away from the sides. If you’re not using the loaf pan, the meat will cook faster—check after 4 hours on low.
- When thoroughly cooked, turn off and unplug the cooker and let the meat sit for about 15 minutes before removing from the pot.