Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 6 bell peppers
- 1/2 cup prepared or premade pasta sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce ) can corn
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes from the inside of each. In a mixing bowl, combine the pasta sauce, beans, corn, onion, rice, spices, and cheese.
- Mix well to combine and fill peppers. Carefully nestle the peppers into the pot. Pour 1/3 cup water around the pepper bases.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4. The pepper will wilt a bit, but still be intact. Carefully remove them with serving spoons.