Peanut Butter Chicken by A Year of Slow cooking
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Put the chicken into the bottom of your pot and add the peanut butter. Toss in the vegetables and cumin. Squeeze in lime, and add soy sauce and chicken broth. Stir as well as you can to combine (the peanut butter will be clumpy, and that’s just fine).
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours. Serve over rice or quinoa.
- 1T butter
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- A pinch of salt
- Rub butter on the inside of your crockpot stoneware
- Put in rice
- Stir in water and salt
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, checking every 45 minutes or so.