This is a pasta salad that everyone who has ever eaten it has loved! Even those people who never eat vegetables. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
– 1 cup dry elbow or shell pasta (preferably whole wheat so it holds a little firmness with the salad dressing.
– Kraft Sun-dried Tomato Salad Dressing
– Feta cheese (if you buy the brick, crumble it with a fork)
– Grape or Cherry tomatoes (halved)
– Broccoli (chopped)
– Red onions (diced – you can saute them with some olive oil add some flavor while reducing the potent onion taste)
– Seedless cucumbers (sliced into 4 long pieces by cutting lengthwise and then diced)
– Red pepper (diced)
– Green pepper (diced)
*You’ll notice there are no measurements for vegetables. You can use however much your heart desires! I usually use about 1 pint of tomatoes, 1 small onion, 1 crown of broccoli, 1 large cucumber, and 1 of each type of pepper. Feel free to add any other vegetables that you enjoy.
- Prepare the pasta. A quick and energy-efficient way to do this is to place a pot of water on the stove with a lid and turn on high heat. Once the water is boiling, remove the lid, add the pasta, stir once, replace the lid, and turn off the heat. Let sit for 7-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the vegetables and pasta and mix well. Add about 1/4 to 1/3 of the salad dressing bottle and mix well. Add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of feta cheese and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving for the best flavor.