Flat Bread (from “The Best of Cooking Light: Everyday Favorites”
– 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
– 1 cup warm water (100-110F)
– 1 package dry yeast
– 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
– garlic powder
1. Combine whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup water, and yeast in a dish and let stand 10 minutes.
2. Combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and reamining water into a bowl. Add yeast mixture and stir until dough forms. Knead dough on a floured surface for 10 minutes, adding the reaminnig all-purpose flour as needed.
3. Place dough in an oil-greased bowl, cover with a dish towel, and place in the oven (or any other draft-free location) to let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
4. When dough is done, remove from the oven and prehead over to 450F.
5. Punch down dough and let rest 5 minutes. Divide in half and roll each into the desired shape.
6. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Bake for 10 minute, or until crisp. Serve with cheese spread, or top with marinated vegetables.
– 1 packaged of neufchatel cheese
– 1 tbsp minced garlic
– 2 tbsp minced basil
– 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
1. In a food processor blend all of the ingredients together. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of olive oil.
– Your choice of wine (I chose my favorite: Sauvingon Blanc)
1. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy
*Blacksmith Inn on the Shore is where Jason and I spent a few days of our honeymoon. It is located in Door County, Wisconsin and is probably the cutest place I have ever been. I highly recommend it.