Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
3 cups of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fine grain sea salt
- 3 medium red onions peeled and diced
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, onion, and slivered almonds in olive oil along with a couple pinches of salt.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and pour vegetable mixture onto the baking sheet. Roast for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are brown and caramelized.
- Cook the rice.
- When the mixture is done, place the rice and the mixture in a large, heated skillet. Add the remaining ingredients and saute for 5 minutes until well mixed.
- Serve warm or cold.