This tells you how far behind I am – this is a recipe from Valentine’s Day, which now seems like it was a decade ago. I have been cooking up a storm, but never think to take pictures anymore. I think I may post some recipes I have made just to get them on here and then if I make them again I will post the picture. Or, if anyone reads this and makes them, they could send me a picture 🙂
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp alt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, oil, an egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk just until blending. If you over mix the ingredients they will not give you a fluffy pancake.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a preheated griddle or skillet. I find the griddle works much better for pancakes because you can make more at once and they don’t get crowded.
- Cook until lightly browned on each side.
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg yolk