Last night I was out of ideas for dinner. I had a long weekend with work, so my creative juices were not flowing. I decided to cook the chicken I had thawed that day and figured I would go from there. I opened the cupboard and saw peanut butter and this idea came to me. The noodles I made are Ronzoni’s Smart Taste. I usually buy 100% whole wheat, but these were on sale AND I had a coupon for them, so I couldn’t pass that up!
I will be going home for Christmas soon, so I am not sure how many posts I will be doing in the next week. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and are able spend some time with the people you love the most.
4 chicken breasts
1 handful of spaghetti noodles
1 cup of raw or dry roasted peanuts
2 tbsp oil
1 large onion
2 cups of broccoli
1 tbsp peanut butter (more if you’d like)
- Heat a large skillet to medium and add the 4 chicken breasts. Cover with a lid and let cook. Flip periodically (about every 3 minutes). They are done once each breast is at 165F. Once finished, cut into strips and place in a Tupperware container in the microwave to stay warm.
- While the chicken in cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles as directed by the package.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the peanut and onion and saute for 3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the broccoli and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until the broccoli is bring green.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until well blended.
- Serve the chicken and vegetable mixture over pasta. Enjoy!