Jason is back home in WI for the at a good friend’s bachelor party, so I am alone for the entire weekend. At first I was so excited about how much school work I would get done. However, the rain has made me want to do everything but school work…laundry, cleaning (including the bathrooms), and, of course, cook.
1 large zucchini, quartered and diced
4 Roma tomatoes, halved and diced
1 ½ cup frozen (or fresh) corn, thawed
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1 cup of Ricotta cheese
1/3 cup skim milk
1-2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
¼ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 ½ tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried savory
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, add vegetables and stir well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Once lightly foamed, add ricotta cheese and whisk until evenly distributed. Add skim milk and whisk until evenly distributed. Add seasonings Parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 9” square baking dish or similar size dish. Rip up the bread and place on the bottom. Rip enough bread to coat the bottom of the pan (extra if you’d like).
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the bread.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the vegetables.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top, completely coating.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. It is done when an inserted knife comes out clean.