Nonstick cooking spray*
2. Coat a square baking dish with non-stick spray and line the bottom with slices of whole wheat bread, 1 layer thick.
3. Scatter vegetables on the bottom of the pan (if you prefer soft vegetables over crisp one, saute them in a pan for 3-5 minutes prior to adding).
4. In a mixing bowl, stir eggs, milk, and seasonings.
5. Pour over the vegetable mixture and top with cheese (if you like the cheese mixed in, you can really add it at any point).
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes, depending on your oven, until an inserted knife comes out clean. If the cheese is starting to brown but the center is not cooked all the way through, cover with tin foil and continue to bake, checking every 5-10 minutes.
*many non-stick surfaces can be ruined if you use aerosol non-stick spray on them (yes, I know, they are already non-stick, so technically I do not need to add more non-stick, but I just hate when the food sticks to the pan and I need to scrape and soak forever to get it off), so I recommend buying your own oil mister. This way, you can also put whatever type of oil you want in the mister (I usually use extra virgin olive oil). Here is a link to some examples: http://www.google.com/products?q=oil+misters&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIH&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title.